Curriculum Technical Advisor
Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role – Curriculum Technical Adviser
Kaplan Professional Education is a leading national provider of professional education and training for the financial services industry. We offer registration and compliance courses, Vocational and Higher Education programs, continuing professional development options as well as customised corporate solutions. We deliver postgraduate qualifications in Financial Planning and Applied Finance.
We are seeking an Academic with professional experience and this role would suit an early career academic. The role as a Curriculum Technical Adviser will be responsible for constructively contributing to the discipline-specific academic knowledge, skill and delivery of Kaplan Professional’s high quality online courses and qualifications within the financial services disciplines. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in scholarly activity related to their disciplinary area.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing academic knowledge and skill to course material
- Developing, delivering, and reviewing courseware in collaboration with Course Coordinators to constructively contribute to students’ positive learning experiences
- Active involvement in ensuring courses match the current scholarly requirements of the discipline, are aligned with course learning outcomes and are compliant with regulatory, professional body and Kaplan requirements and expectations
- Delivery of online lectures, tutorials and assessment marking as required
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders regarding course development and review processes including but not limited to course design, content renewal and accreditation
- Providing discipline specific and academic support to other business units as required to support students’ progression through a course and/or support directly to students as required
- Serving, as required, as a member of relevant Kaplan Academic Governance Committee(s)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Due to the industry we work within, a strong financial services and academic background is paramount for this role. It is also essential that the successful candidate holds a postgraduate qualification in a finance related discipline.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A postgraduate qualification in a finance related discipline, such as Financial Planning, Accounting, or Applied Finance
- Demonstrated skills and extensive knowledge relevant to the finance discipline (academic and professional)
- Experience in developing learning resources to enhance student experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated maintenance of disciplinary knowledge and continuing professional development
Experience working in an HEP, RTO or other learning and development environment would be advantageous.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Apply now for the opportunity to develop and progress your career, and be part of a successful and close-knit team. An attractive salary package is on offer in line with experience.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
To see the position description please click here.
Applications close on 31 July 2018