Admissions Team Leader
Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
The purpose of the Admissions Team Leader position is responsible for managing an admissions caseload and allocated team responsibilities. The Team Leader is required to assist the Admissions and Enrolments Manager in delivering efficient admissions processes and provide input on admissions processes, quality assurance of student applications and involvement with the initial and ongoing analysis of student data, the setting up, integration and delivery of streamlined visa processing procedures. To be successful in this role you will have excellent customer service skills and be highly personable, with exceptional organisation and communication skills.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing the processing and turnaround times for allocated markets and of the team in consultation with the Admissions and Enrolments Manager
- Assisting the Admissions and Enrolments Manager to develop, implement and maintain high standards service for internal and external stakeholders
- Providing leadership to the team to achieve continuous improvement and establish collaborative team environment
- Establishing and maintaining genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria and associated parameters
- Processing student applications accurately and in a timely manner maximising the conversion of enquiries into applications and enrolments
- Responding professionally, accurately and in a timely manner to enquiries regarding programs and admission requirements to internal and external customers as well as providing administrative support to staff when required
- Maintaining student records on PRISMS and Issuing CoE documents in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with relevant legislation and KBS policies
- Maintaining accurate student data in student database and ensuring database processes relating to admissions procedures are adhered to
To succeed in the role, you’ll be customer service orientated, results-driven and enjoy thinking outside the square.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- 1- 2 years of experience within the higher education sector
- Experience of working effectively in a high pressure, high volume environment
- Experience of effective staff and team workload management within a team and ability to work under minimal direct supervision
- Strong knowledge of student database processes
- Competency in use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication with proven ability to work with staff at all levels
- Attention to detail, accuracy and an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Good problems solving skills including the ability to exercise judgement and initiate in conflict resolution
- Ability to adhere to and disseminate policies and procedures
- Experience in using Salesforce system
- Working with Children Check
- Knowledge of ESOS Act and National Code of Practice is highly regarded
- Previous knowledge of Australian and foreign qualifications framework
- Qualification in Administration, Business or Management Systems
- Second language
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on the 21st April 2019