Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
The purpose of the Admissions Officer position is to provide input on admissions processes, quality assurance of student applications and involvement with the initial and ongoing analysis of student data, the setting up, integration and delivery of streamlined visa processing procedures. To be successful in this role you will have excellent customer service skills and be highly personable, with exceptional organisation and communication skills.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria and associated parameters
- Processing student applications accurately and in a timely manner maximising the conversion of enquiries into applications and enrolments
- Responding professionally, accurately and in a timely manner to enquiries regarding courses and admission requirements to internal and external customers as well as providing administrative support to staff when required
- Maintaining student records on PRISMS and issuing CoE documents in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with relevant legislation and KBS policies
- Maintaining accurate student data in student database and ensuring database processes relating to admissions procedures are adhered to
To succeed in the role, you’ll be customer service orientated, results-driven and enjoy thinking outside the square.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Education system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Adaptable to the changing work environment and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours, including overtime if required
- Ability to plan, control, coordinate and manage activities with minimal supervision
- Up-to-date working knowledge of key legislation, policies and procedures relevant to international students.
- Direct knowledge or experience of the international education sector
- Advanced skills in the use of computerised information systems
- Second language
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 30th April 2019