About the Role
Are you looking for a part-time role where you can put your academic, English language and pastoral care skills to use? At our vibrant and busy Sydney campus, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic Learning Advisor to work in our Academic Success Centre, four nights a week from 3pm to 8:30pm.
Kaplan Business School offers higher education courses to almost entirely international students. The ASC Learning Advisor is therefore responsible for delivering student learning support with a holistic view to improving the students’ academic performance and overall experience. The role aims to enhance the quality of the students’ learning via individual meetings and group workshops on a range of academic skills in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the campus library, including assisting students with their daily borrowing needs
- Providing comprehensive assessment feedback that reflects KBS’s standards
- Marking English entry tests as required
- Identifying individual students’ learning needs and responding appropriately
- Providing student support by delivering skills-based workshops
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver a holistic approach to student support
You will have immaculate attention to detail, a positive and engaging approach to your daily tasks, with an appetite for delivering a high quality and holistic standard of service. Since this is a job-share role, you will be adept at communicating with your counterparts to ensure a smooth transition throughout the week.
In addition, you will have:
- English as a Second Language teaching experience and relevant qualifications
- Bachelor-level qualifications in Education (or similar)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a patient, encouraging and caring manner
- Strong administrative skills
- Teaching/lecturing/support experience at a Higher Education institution
- Teaching experience with EAP courses
- Experience as a study adviser to international students
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Up-to-date knowledge of active teaching principles and practices
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you will thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and résumé.
Applications close on the 25th June 2019.