Student Experience Officer
Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses. Kaplan Business School (KBS) specialises in providing higher education programmes in business and accounting to international and domestic students across Australia, with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane. Kaplan International English (KIE) specialises in providing English language programs to students. Kaplan International English have 7 campuses across Australia and New Zealand
About the Role
We have an exciting full time fixed term opportunity for a positive and energetic Student Experience Officer to join our team in Brisbane.
The Student Experience Officer is responsible for delivering an exceptional student experience, guiding them through their student life cycle, providing pastoral care and ensuring their overall welfare. Working with other members across the campus and the business, our aim is to deliver the ultimate Student Experience.
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- Be the face of KBS/KIE and the first point of contact for all students studying on campus, creating a supportive and engaged community between staff and students
- Provide excellent customer service, advice, guidance and support to students regarding KBS/KIE programs and services and respond professionally, accurately to student’s inquiries;
- Offer direction and advice on a student’s study progress and performance including attendance, welfare and transitional arrangements for new students;
- Offer counselling to KBS/KIE students regarding study progression, load, and non-academic minor personal issues, utilising professional counselling organisations when appropriate;
- Coordinate and deliver major functions and events at the campus including orientation and graduation;
- Provide advice and information to applicants, agents, academic and general staff of the School, and external agencies, about programs procedures and services; and
- Work with key stakeholders nationally to play a major part in delivering the KBS strategic plan.
- Actively represent Kaplan at events and industry networking events
- Organise social events, networking opportunities, information sessions and Guest Speaker forums both on campus and externally.
- Engage with student through career consultation sessions
- Actively market Jobs and Careers services to students using a variety of mediums
The successful candidate will be a positive and engaging with an appetite for delivering a high quality and holistic standard of service.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Positive and supportive communication style with experience across a variety of key stakeholders
- Ability to plan, control, coordinate and manage activities with minimal supervision;
- Up-to-date working knowledge of key legislation, policies and procedures relevant to international students;
- Knowledge of ESOS Code of Practice and PRISMS desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Experience with conflict resolution;
- A self-starter with a professional image who has accuracy and strong attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, including cross cultural sensitivity, and a high level of demonstrated interpersonal skills
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you will thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Our hours of operation are from 8:30am – 8:30pm, Monday to Friday. Expectation to work shifts within these times, as well as the occasional Saturday.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on the 19th July 2019