Kaplan (a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Inc.), with nearly 25,000 worldwide employees and a diverse and established set of partners, is one of the world’s largest and most effective training, development and education providers.
In Australia, Kaplan Professional has a respected history of supporting the financial advising industry with innovative education and professional development solutions and has been in operation for over 15 years. We are highly regarded as a driving force in adviser professional development with our market-leading Ontrack product.
Through its online platform, Ontrack, Kaplan Professional delivers a premium one-stop shop Continuing Professional Development (CPD) solution for organisations and individuals. Ontrack provides organisations with the content and system to manage their ongoing CPD responsibilities, to stay abreast of complex regulatory requirements and the dynamic industry landscape.
About the Role
Kaplan Professional currently has a full time opportunity for an Instructional Designer to join our CPD team in Sydney.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing online CPD learning materials to meet production deadlines. The instructional designer supports and assists the implementation of learning and assessment strategies and applies sound instructional design principles to support the delivery of Kaplan Professional digital CPD products.
This role would suit a highly motivated individual who wants to use their design and instructional expertise to bring to life, exceptional and innovative education content for our corporate clients and individual learners.
- Design and develop online learning objects
- Implement and manage CPD content within the LMS
- Apply sound instructional design principles to CPD products
- Implement learning strategies for existing and new Kaplan Professional CPD products
- Qualifications in education design or related field
- Experience in designing and developing professional education programs
- Experience in using eLearning technologies and their applications including Storyline and Captivate
- Experience in organising information published online
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Visual design skills
- Ability to use multiple authoring tools
- Ability to story-board
- Ability to analyse, design, develop and evaluate eLearning solutions
- Ability to take initiative and think ‘out of the box’
- Ability to research to solve problems and issues
- Ability to pay attention to detail and strive for quality standards
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with and coach others
- Ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Copy edit and publishing skills
- Project management skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Post graduate qualifications in education design or related field
- Understanding of Financial Services industry
- Experience in working with Moodle
- Experience in administering and managing the Moodle LMS
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you'll thrive in a dynamic and customer focused work environment. If you think this role suits your previous experience then please forward your letter of application and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
Applications close on the 26th July 2019.