Student Experience Officer
Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
Kaplan Business School specialises in providing higher education programmes in business and accounting to international and domestic students. We currently have an opportunity for a customer service focused Student Experience Officer to join our team in Sydney, based at our Town Hall campus. The Student Experience Officer will be responsible for providing pastoral care and ensuring the welfare needs of our students.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide excellent customer service, advice, guidance and support to students regarding KBS programs and services and responding professionally, accurately to students inquiries;
- Monitor students study progress and performance including attendance and welfare and coordinate transitional arrangements for new students;
- Offer initial and basic counselling to KBS students regarding study progression, load, and non-academic minor personal issues and refer to professional counselling organisations when appropriate;
- Provide assistance with major functions and student events at the campus including orientation and graduation;
- Provide advice and information to applicants, agents, academic and general staff of the School, and external agencies, about programs procedures and services; and
- Providing administrative support to the Campus Manager and other KBS staff as required.
To succeed in this role, you will be results-driven, highly motivated and enjoy thinking outside the square.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Up-to-date working knowledge of key legislation, policies and procedures relevant to international students;
- Knowledge of ESOS Code of Practice and PRISMS desirable;
- Ability to plan, control, coordinate and manage activities with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn new systems;
- A self-starter with a professional image who has accuracy and strong attention to detail; and
- Previous customer service experience preferably within an education environment.
The successful applicant will be required to work between 12:30 and 20:30 from Monday to Thursday. Friday hours of work will be between 09:00 and 17:00
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. Please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 25th July 2019