National Careers Manager
About the Role
Kaplan Business School currently has an opening for a motivated, collaborative and driven National Careers Manager to oversee the operations of the national careers team. The role is responsible for actively seeking and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective industry employers and driving careers strategy, resourcing and communications. This is a full time role with the location to be determined in consultation with the successful applicant.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Develop and continuously improving the careers services framework, strategy and team across 4 states to service the needs of KBS students and stakeholders nationally
- Facilitating the placement of students into employment suitable to their experience, qualifications and proposed career path
- Develop, promote, coordinate and attend careers events to target appropriate student and employer groups
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting of uptake and use of careers services, communicating these statistics and success stories internally and externally
- Oversee the KBS alumni program maintaining an alumni services framework and strategy to service the needs of KBS students and stakeholders, and aligned with industry engagement objectives
- Establish and maintain internal, industry and community contacts necessary to provide careers services and assess market trends impacting placement outcomes
- Oversee the development and implementation of work placements and the internship program, continually driving improvement and reporting on student uptake
- Design and implement projects in consultation with the GM, Student Experience
To succeed in the role, you’ll be results-driven, highly motivated and enjoy collaborating with a wider team towards student success.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification and extensive relevant experience; or
- An undergraduate degree in business, HR or marketing with extensive relevant experience; or
- A combination of extensive relevant experience and exposure within an educational setting
- Proven experience in staff management, managing teams nationally and leadership
- Exceptional relationship management and proven ability to develop and maintain networks with industry
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Previous experience or knowledge in recruitment
- A self-starter with a professional image who has accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, including cross cultural sensitivity, and a high level of demonstrated interpersonal skills
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you will thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses. Kaplan Business School specialises in providing higher education programmes in business and accounting to international and domestic students.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on the 17th of January 2018.