Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
Murdoch Institute of Technology (MIT) is part of Kaplan Australia and is the on-campus pathway college for Murdoch University in Perth. MIT provides Australian and International students with direct pathways to undergraduate and post-graduate study at Murdoch University. We currently have an opportunity for a College Director who is committed to excellence, innovation & continuous improvement to run Murdoch Institute of Technology.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing the day to day running of the MIT campus and overseeing major functions relating to college operations and administration
- Providing leadership to staff and students to ensure the College is known for the quality of its Higher Education, Foundation & ELICOS programs
- Encouraging teamwork and initiative through leadership to help foster a high performing, results driven culture
- Developing and implementing ongoing quality assurance processes to ensure continuous improvement at MIT
- Managing the financial performance of the campus and effective use of MIT resources
- Liaising with Murdoch University management and other key external stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with Kaplan staff around Australia to ensure a focus on student experience, customer service and quality
- Assisting with identifying new markets for business growth and the implementation of initiatives
To succeed in the role, you’ll be results-driven, highly motivated and enjoy thinking outside the square.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ senior management experience with responsibility for managing staff
- University level qualifications and management experience in the higher education environment
- Experience in the international student environment
- Experience in building relationships with key stakeholders within a partner university
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills at both strategic and operational levels, including effective management of resources, financial and human
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including cross cultural sensitivity, and a high level of demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent team and business building skills
- Previous experience with reading and analysing financial statements
- Postgraduate degree
- Experience in management of a private Higher Education institution
- Postgraduate TESOL qualification and a minimum five years’ experience in managing and/or teaching on ELT programs
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you'll thrive in a dynamic and customer focused work environment.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 29 January 2018.