Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
The University of Adelaide College, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kaplan, is the Preferred Pathway Provider for the University of Adelaide. The College provides international students with a pathway to undergraduate studies at the University of Adelaide, one of Australia's prestigious 'Group of Eight' universities. Our programs are suited to students' individual needs, academic progress and unique career aspirations.
About the Role
The Senior Teacher is to provide leadership support for the Director of Studies and contribute to continual improvement in quality of the General Academic English Program. In addition, the Senior Teacher will be required to assist in the week-to-week operational processes of the General Academic English program. This position is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering scheduled class lessons and excursions
- Assisting the Director of Studies in providing a quality learning environment, including:
- course materials and documentation
- student placement and assessment
- blended learning
- student engagement
To succeed in the role, you’ll be customer service orientated, results-driven and enjoy thinking outside the box.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience within International Education
- A recognised degree and a formal teaching qualification related to the teaching of English as a language
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve desired teaching/learning outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong knowledge of the ESOS Act, visa regulations, PRISMS
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on the 15 February 2018