Structured Study Coordinator
Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
Kaplan International English teaches English to international students from all over the world in a fun and engaging environment. We have 7 schools in this region and teach over 7000 international students each year. Offering accredited English programs, university pathways and junior programs in 48 schools across four continents, KIE uses the latest teaching technology, learning technology and our own unique curriculum to help students achieve their goals.
This successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Study Centre is user-friendly, well-organized, and meets the ongoing needs of the students.
- Actively promoting independent learning and the use of the Study Centre within the school, ensuring that the benefits of the Study Centre are widely understood within the school by both staff and students, including new students as part of student orientation.
- Providing ongoing training and support to teaching staff in incorporating independent learning into their teaching, including through the provision of professional development.
- Managing the scheduling and staffing of study clubs and other academic activities within the school timetable.
- Developing new study clubs and academic activities to meet the ongoing needs of the school and its changing student population.
- Working with the IT team to ensure that the IT infrastructure in the Study Centre is maintained to an appropriate working standard.
The successful candidate will have:
- CELTA or equivalent.
- 3 or more years full time experience (or equivalent) as an English language teacher.
- Confident computer user, with experience working with Moodle (or other complex online academic learning environments).
- Effective communication, organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently, set targets and meet deadlines under pressure, while remaining detail-focussed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a close-knit team.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- DELTA, MA TESOL, IDLTM or equivalent.
- Experience in leading or managing a team.
- Experience in coaching or mentoring other teachers.
- Experience in delivering professional development.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Apply now for the opportunity to develop and progress your career, and be part of a successful and close-knit team. An attractive salary package is on offer in line with experience.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 21 February 2018.