Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
Kaplan Business School offers higher education programs in business, accounting, management and tourism for Australian and international students by helping graduates achieve their career goals, our qualifications are designed to provide the practical skills and knowledge needed to achieve success in the real world. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Careers Officer to join their Brisbane team. The Careers Officer is a part time role (4 days per week) and will report directly to the National Careers Manager.
This successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Facilitating the placement of students into employment suitable to their experience, qualifications and proposed career path
- Actively seeking markets and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective employers in the industry
- Conduct workshops, information sessions and consultation sessions to provide students with employment search and interview skills
- Manage career related content and resources and career related communication, workshops and events
- Assist with the co-ordination of industry placements for students undertaking work based training
To succeed in the role, you’ll be results-driven, highly motivated and enjoy thinking outside the square.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain networks with industry partners
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Initiative and highly motivated
- Superior negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure & to prioritise work effectively
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications
- Previous experience or knowledge in Recruitment
- Minimum of 12 month’s experience in a similar role
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on the 26 of February 2018.