Work Integrated Learning Manager
Kaplan Business School (KBS) is one of Australia’s top independent education institutions, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to over 3000 students across 4 campuses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Globally, Kaplan is a giant in the international education and learning landscape with 400 campus locations in over 30 countries.
About the Role
This position of Work Integrated Learning Manager is a national role where the appointee can be based in one of our campus locations. Reporting to the National Careers Manager, the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Manager is responsible for managing and leading the continued development and implementation of student work integrated learning activities across the schools undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The appointee will be required to work collaboratively within the wider Careers Central and Student Experience teams, delivering innovative student engagement strategies in the areas of WIL, career development, employability, and student experiences at a national level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to nurture and mentor students within the context Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and career development where you can have a genuine impact on a diverse cohort of students whilst building exciting professional networks throughout corporate Australia.
- Be in charge of your own destiny! This is an autonomous role allowing you to design, manage, and deliver your own ideas to further grow the schools WIL offering.
- Be part of a bigger team! You Careers Central team spans 4 states and the on-campus Student Experience team all work together towards the same goal, enhancing the Student Experience.
- Mentor and nurture the next generation of international students.
- Represent Kaplan Business School at various industry events and WIL conferences.
- Free Education! As a KBS employee you can study one of our courses completely free of charge.
- 5 weeks of annual leave, as well as a complimentary leave day for your birthday!
- 4 impressive campus locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
As the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Manager, this is an autonomous position which requires drive, tenacity, and a growth mindset to actively engage students and pursue WIL opportunities for them. Working within the Careers Central team, you will have an opportunity to:
- Drive the development of new WIL host partnerships, industry and community contacts as well as campus corporate relationships that are necessary to provide career outcomes to students.
- Partnership manage key career services providers, including internship providers, employers, community organisations, industry bodies that assist delivery of WIL opportunities for students.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, including Heads of Disciplines and academic/teaching staff from relevant disciplines, campus managers, and professional and administrative staff within the school to deliver a positive and holistic student experience.
- Professionally represent Kaplan Business School at industry events, external corporate engagements and community events.
- Develop and maintain a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and careers services framework and strategy to service the needs of KBS students.
- Be accountable for the administrative management of the schools Academic Internship trimester cycles, ensuring students are placed into academic internship opportunities for all relevant courses across our campus locations
- Account manage and collaborate with the school’s third-party Internship Providers for internship placement services, ensuring students are vetted and referred within prescribed time frames
- Further develop the in-house WIL academic internship offering by promoting and growing self-sourced internship capabilities for students, and establishing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective employers
- Plan, design, and deliver campus presentations and workshops which encourage student participation in WIL activities
- Engage with students through 1-on-1 career coaching consultation sessions, mentoring them on their career journey.
Careers Events & Workshops
- Develop an engaging schedule of on campus careers events, guest speaker forums and workshops.
- Seek out partnerships with external event providers and facilitate promotion of external career enrichment events and activities to students.
- Actively participate and attend external career events, mentoring and supporting students in their networking activities and introductions to industry contacts.
To succeed in this position, you will be a positive, highly motivated and results driven candidate with confidence promoting key benefits, values and messages to a variety of different stakeholders.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of career development learning, Work Integrated Learning (WIL) governance and delivery, and/or employability in higher education contexts.
- Previous experience working within a dynamic client facing environment developing and maintaining networks with industry partners and external stakeholders, which could include Work Integrated Learning (WIL) services, recruitment, career services, sales, business development, student experience or corporate relations.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the proven ability to broker and nurture positive outcomes and experiences.
- Previous experience delivering and facilitating events, guest speaker discussions and workshops.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills combined, with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- A self-motivated and innovative mindset to bring exciting new opportunities and ideas into the school.
- Ability to work under pressure, often autonomously and to prioritise work effectively without supervision.
- Positive and supportive communication style with experience across a variety of key stakeholders.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please apply with a brief cover letter and detailed resume.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 16 August 2019.