Student Services Officer - Evening
Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
KIE is founded on the following principles:
- Our approach is market-focused. We respond to the needs and preferences of our customers and to changes in the business environment.
- We search for and find innovative solutions and we exploit opportunities creatively.
- We capitalise on our distinctive capabilities and those of the Group. To this end we share expertise, and develop the talents of our people.
- We build quality systematically into our services and processes. We aim to learn from experience and improve continuously.
- We value and nurture enduring relationships with customers, suppliers, and other partners.
About the Role
The focus of the position is to provide general welfare assistance and guidance to students, and to support the Senior Student Services Officer, Student Services/Accommodation Manager and the Principal to maintain the efficiency of the Student Services department.
- Student Services / Accommodation Manager
Liaison with all areas of the School:
- Student Services staff
- Department Managers
- Teaching staff
- Sales and Marketing staff
- Finance Department
General Contributions to School Life:
The Student Services officer will be responsible for supporting the work of all administrative and academic staff by being aware of the roles of all College staff, maintaining an alert and professional relationship with the students and by responding to any perceived deficiencies in our service by reporting immediately to the responsible staff.
Focus of the Role
The Student Services officer will be responsible for welcoming and assisting students, providing hospitable and professional reception to visitors, agents, industry bodies or potential clients.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week) from 11:30pm – 8.00pm. The college is open between 8:00am and 9:30pm.
Specific Responsibilities and Key tasks
- Be the first point of contact at the front desk of the college for students. Maintain a high level of customer service to all students and clients in all matters, including the provision of accurate information regarding Kaplan International English Sydney City courses and school facilities
- Ensure the efficient flow of communication (verbal or written) between staff and students, external clients and internal employees. In particular, Student Request Forms, invoices, messages, appointment requests and any other relevant information for students.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and couriers
- Ensure a sufficient supply of Welcome Packs for new students on a weekly basis
- Coordinate Student Orientation including student registration forms, copying of passports, student ID cards, ID letters, collection of student contact details and student health insurance for evening students.
- Provide counselling to students regarding general welfare issues including the follow up and reporting on non-attendance
- Maintain accurate student records, update student details when necessary, and oversee the filing (including the transfer of files between departments and the archiving of student files)
- Coordinate the student evaluations process every week. Update weekly student evaluation spreadsheet and provide a monthly report on student feedback. Source additional student feedback via interviews and testimonials
- Manage ‘add-on’ services to students, including providing advice on external courses, eg hospitality (RSA and barista). Liaise with the service providers if required.
- Have an awareness of current visa conditions and regulations (or such updates)
- Update and maintain student notice boards around the College with student services information
- Other duties as required
The Area of General Requirements
- Liaise with all staff members including management, academic, finance and sales
- Assist with organising refreshments for meetings and other events within the College
- Newspaper to be collected on a daily basis and distributed.
- Opening and/or closing reception. Closing the Study Centre at the end of the day.
- Maintain the daily tidiness and organisation of the front desk and take an interest in maintaining the general appearance of the ground floor
- Understand and follow College procedures & systems
- Be willing to promote and encourage quality assurance in the delivery of our programmes
- Have good interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work flexibly and collaboratively – with staff and students
- Work as part of a global organization that requires ongoing communication and feedback from their staff
- Other administration or student service duties that may be required
- Competent computer skills
- Lead by example
- Enjoy what you do
Accountability through Performance Appraisal
All staff will participate in an annual performance appraisal. There is a process for performance appraisal that sees all staff appraised by their immediate supervisor/line manager. The purpose of appraisal is to assist staff to identify professional development needs and to help staff to focus their energy on the goals and objectives stated in the Company’s budgets and other planning documents. The appraisal system is based on goals & outcomes set by the staff member, in consultation with her/his immediate supervisor/line manager. In summary form, the Student Services Officer will be performing satisfactorily when:
- The service provided by the Student Services Officer is consistently professional, welcoming and efficient
- Customer service consistently achieves ‘excellent’ ratings
- A high level of accuracy is demonstrated in all professional duties.
- Agreed professional development objectives are being achieved.
- Deadlines are adhered to.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please apply with a brief cover letter and detailed resume.
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 25 August 2019