Academic Success Centre Learning Advisor
About the Role
Are you looking for a part-time role where you can put your academic, English language and pastoral care skills to use? At our vibrant and busy Adelaide campus, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic Learning Advisor to work in our Academic Success Centre.
Kaplan Business School offers higher education courses to almost entirely international students. The ASC Learning Advisor is therefore responsible for delivering student learning support with a holistic view to improving the students’ academic performance and overall experience. The role aims to enhance the quality of the students’ learning via individual meetings and group workshops on a range of academic skills in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Your working pattern would be:
Monday: 3:30pm to 8:15pm
Tuesday: 3:30pm to 8:15pm
Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
Thursday: 3:30pm to 8:15pm
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the campus library, including assisting students with their daily borrowing needs
- Providing comprehensive assessment feedback that reflects KBS’s standards
- Marking English entry tests as required
- Identifying individual students’ learning needs and responding appropriately
- Providing student support by delivering skills-based workshops
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver a holistic approach to student support
You will have immaculate attention to detail, a positive and engaging approach to your daily tasks, with an appetite for delivering a high quality and holistic standard of service. Since this is a job-share role, you will be adept at communicating with your counterpart to ensure a smooth transition throughout the week.
In addition, you will have:
- English as a Second Language teaching experience and relevant qualifications
- Bachelor-level qualifications in Education (or similar)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a patient, encouraging and caring manner
- Strong administrative skills
- Teaching/lecturing/support experience at a Higher Education institution
- Teaching experience with EAP courses
- Experience as a study adviser to international students
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Up-to-date knowledge of active teaching principles and practices
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you will thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and résumé.
Applications close on Sept 18th 2019.
Click here to view the position description.