About the Role
Are you looking for a part-time role where you can put your Academic, English language and pastoral care skills to use? At our vibrant and busy Docklands campus, we have an exciting opportunity for two positive and energetic Learning Advisors for our Academic Success Centre team. One position is three days a week, while the other is four nights a week from 3:30pm to 8:30pm.
Kaplan Business School offers higher education programs in business and accounting to almost entirely international students. The ASC Learning Advisor is responsible for delivering student learning support with a holistic view to improving their academic performance and overall student experience. The role aims to enhance the quality of their learning by providing individual meetings and workshops on a range of academic skills in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing the campus library, including assisting students with their daily borrowing needs
- Providing comprehensive assessment feedback that reflects KBS standards
- Marking English entry tests as required
- Identifying individual students’ learning needs and responding appropriately
- Providing student support by delivering skills-based workshops
- Liaising with other internal stakeholders to deliver a holistic approach to student support
You will have immaculate attention to detail, a positive and engaging approach to your daily tasks, with an appetite for delivering a high quality and holistic standard of service. Being a job-share role, you will be adept at communicating with your counterparts to ensure a smooth transition throughout the week.
In addition, you will have:
- English as a Second Language teaching experience and relevant qualifications
- Bachelor-level qualifications in Education (or similar)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Ability to work autonomously in a patient, encouraging and caring manner
- Strong administrative skills
- Teaching/lecturing/support experience at a Higher Education institution
- Teaching experience with EAP courses
- Experience as a study adviser to international students
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Up-to-date knowledge of active teaching principles and practices
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you will thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit.
If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and résumé.