Kaplan Business School (KBS) is one of Australia’s top independent education institutions, offering bachelor degrees, post graduate master degrees and MBAs to over 3000 students across 4 campuses in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney. Globally, Kaplan is a giant in the international education and learning landscape with 400 campus locations in over 30 countries.
About the Role
This position of Careers Advisor is part time 3 days/week, working alongside an additional full time careers advisor, based in Kaplan Business School’s (KBS) Sydney CBD campus.
The Careers Advisor is responsible for leading all aspects of the various student careers services and activities for the campus. This includes facilitating the placement of students into work experience opportunities & internships, developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective employers, guest speakers and corporate partners, and the management and delivery of all careers related content, resources, events and workshops.
This is a fantastic opportunity to nurture and mentor students, and have genuine impact and visibility within an international organization whilst building exciting professional networks throughout corporate Australia.
- Fantastic opportunity to travel. Visit peers and team member across Kaplan campuses in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide & Sydney.
- Be in charge of your own destiny! Highly flexible and autonomous role allowing you to design and drive your own ideas and build your own industry relationships.
- Mentor and Nurture the next generation of international students.
- Free Education! Study your MBA, Master, Undergrad or Professional certifications, without cost.
- New offices and impressive Central CBD campus location at Sydney’s Townhall
With support from the National manager in Sydney, and team members from campuses across 4 other states, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively represent Kaplan at events and industry networking events & opportunities, being an industry liaison for employers wishing to engage and partner with the school.
- Foster introductions between students and employers in Australia, assisting with the co-ordination of work placements, internships, and employment.
- Active partnership development and account management of all corporate relationships and host company contacts.
- Engage with students through 1 on 1 career coaching consultations.
- Mentor students in their career transitions, providing employment advice and job-readiness skills training for the Australian job market.
- Placement of students into work experience opportunities and internships.
Careers Events & Workshops
- Develop an engaging schedule of on campus careers events, guest speaker forums and workshops.
- Seek out partnerships with external event providers and facilitate promotion of external career enrichment events and activities to students.
- Actively participate and attend external career events, mentoring and supporting students in their networking activities and introductions to industry contacts.
To succeed in this position, you will be sociable, highly motivated and results driven with confidence promoting key benefits, values and messages to a variety of differing stakeholders.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working within a dynamic client facing environment developing and maintaining networks with industry partners and external stakeholders, which could include recruitment, career services, sales, business development, student experience or corporate relations
- Excellent relationship management skills with the proven ability to broker and nurture positive outcomes and experiences.
- Previous experience delivering and facilitating events, guest speaker discussions and workshops
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills combined, with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- A self-motivated and innovative mindset to bring exciting new opportunities and ideas into the school.
- Ability to work under pressure, often autonomously and to prioritise work effectively without supervision.
- Positive and supportive communication style.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you’ll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please apply with a brief cover letter and detailed resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 24th April 2019