Activities Coordinator/EFL Teacher
Kaplan International provides quality international education. The purpose of Kaplan International English – Brisbane’s English department is to give students access to study, cultural interaction, and work opportunities through high quality English language training and work placement.
KIE Brisbane is founded on the following principles:
- Our approach is market-focused. We respond to the needs and preferences of our customers and to changes in the business environment.
- We search for and find innovative solutions and we exploit opportunities creatively.
- We capitalise on our distinctive capabilities and those of the Group. To this end we share expertise, and develop the talents of our people.
- We build quality systematically into our services and processes. We aim to learn from experience and improve continuously.
- We value and nurture enduring relationships with customers, suppliers, and other partners.
For our customers and clients we define quality in terms of their requirements and we will meet or exceed their expectations.
About the Role
The Activities Coordinator is responsible for teaching English language to international students and managing the student activities programme on campus.
- Create and administer a monthly social program for students that gives students the opportunity to socialise with other international students, and to practice their English outside the classroom including a variety of sport, art and cultural activities according to the college requirements
- Actively promote and advertise monthly Kaplan International English activities and local events in and around Brisbane as well as packaged programs offered by the college
- organise an activities programme
- Make general contributions to school life through supporting the wider educational and cultural life of the school, performing pastoral duties of a teacher and supporting school programs
- Must have CELTA equivalent qualification and a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Strong computer skills including experience with databases
- Working with Children eligibility
- Permanent Australian residency
- Experience in a reception/front desk role
- Experience in an International language School or similar environment
- Speak a second language
- International cultural awareness
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you'll thrive in a dynamic and customer focused work environment. If you think this role suits your previous experience then please forward your letter of application and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 14th June 2019