Kaplan Australia is one of the world's leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
Kaplan Business School utilises Moodle as its Learning Management System (LMS). The purpose of the LMS Administrator role is to manage the day to day operations activities required to run an efficient LMS platform. This includes: updating and maintaining the LMS platform and associated systems; monitoring and resolving issues; and providing troubleshooting assistance to users.
Kaplan Business School is currently recruiting for a one Full-time LMS Administrator and one Contract LMS Administrator.
- Build and maintain academic subject and service pages within the LMS.
- Work with associated plugins and platforms.
- Manage core Moodle components like gradebook, forums and blocks.
- Assign and manage user roles and permissions across courses, categories and sites.
- Effectively and efficiently diagnose, monitor and resolve incidents and communicate related root causes for problem fixing to the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor help desk/support inbox to resolve student and staff issues with the LMS and associated platforms.
- Document and regularly update LMS administrative processes and procedures.
- Proactively contribute to issue resolution and continuous improvement of the platform and the processes for managing it.
- Regular reporting on areas of improvement.
- Conduct regular testing to ensure the reliability, availability and functionality of the system.
- Follow a thorough quality assurance process when building or altering any content or element of the LMS.
- Collaborate professionally and effectively with IT, Academic and Operations teams to improve the design and functionality of the learning management system.
- Explain technical concepts in a manner that is easy for non-technical staff and students to understand.
- Degree level qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Moodle and plugins such as TurnItIn.
- Experience working within a higher education environment.
- Knowledge and skills in front end development (HTML/CSS).
- Intermediate-advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills with image editors (e.g. GIMP or Photoshop).
- Experience working with CSV and PDF files and converting them between different formats.
- Proven experience with process planning and clear, accurate documentation.
- Advanced problem solving, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise responsibilities, and be adaptable to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, but also be an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to earn trust and credibility.
- High-level attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in UX and UI design and development
- Ability to use the Adobe Suite of products to create/edit multimedia resources.
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Experience developing resources in Articulate Storyline and RISE.
- User management experience with OpenAthens or a comparable system
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you'll thrive in a dynamic and customer focused work environment. If you think this role suits your previous experience, then please forward your letter of application and resume.
Please click here to see position description.
Applications close on the 3rd July 2019.