Student Services Manager
Kaplan Australia is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education, helping over one million students around the globe achieve their educational and career goals each year. While we provide a broad array of educational offerings through our programs, our commitment to providing unrivalled quality and great learning outcomes is consistent in each of our businesses.
About the Role
The University of Adelaide College is seeking a dedicated Student Services Manager, who is passionate about working with international students, to join our team on a contract period from 15 Feb 2018 to 9 November 2018.The University of Adelaide College is the preferred pathway provider for the University of Adelaide. The Student Services Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the Student Services team to achieve optimum academic and welfare outcomes, in line with up to date best practice in the international education industry.
- Working collaboratively with the College Director to provide regular and accurate reporting of welfare and academic outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Overseeing quality standards and ensure compliance with frameworks determined by external stakeholders, including the University of Adelaide, and the ESOS act regulatory framework.
- Undertaking post-admissions enrolment processes, in liaison with Admissions staff.
- Creating and updating policies and procedures relating to student services
To succeed in the role, you will be work well under pressure, be highly-self-motivated and results oriented.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated similar experience in a student services role
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Education system, especially the international education sector
- Ability to lead a team and evaluate and improve processes, including change management
- Advanced skills in the use of computerised information systems and IT literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to the changing work environment and ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to work flexible hours, including overtime if required
- Up-to-date working knowledge of key legislation, policies and procedures relevant to international students, including ESOS, PRISMS, SVP and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Financial accounting concepts
- Qualifications in Business, education or a related field
- Qualifications or equivalent experience in student counselling and welfare
It is a requirement of all Kaplan employees to complete a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check in your relevant state. All costs will be covered by the employer.
Our passion is helping students reach their goals through quality education. Joining our team, you'll thrive in a rewarding work environment that is customer-focused, dynamic and innovative in spirit. If you share the same passion, please forward your cover letter and resume.
Please click here to see the position description
For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 28th of January 2018.